How is Green Star assessed?
Green Star certification is assessed via five steps:
- Registration – Log in and register your project through the Green Star Project Application.
- Documentation – Become familiar with the documentation required to show that your building, fit-out or community project meets the criteria required for the Green Star rating.
- Submission – Submit your documentation to the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) who will assess your application.
- Assessment – Your application will be assessed by an independent panel of sustainable development specialists who will rate your project with a score out of six.
- Certification – Your project’s sustainability will be granted a Green Star-certified rating as an independent rating via a third party.