Sustainable Energy Efficiency Design Engineer - 6 Month Industry Placement
Certified Energy is a leading Environmental Sustainable Design (ESD) Engineering Consultancy based in Sydney CBD and works on Residential and Commercial projects across Australia creating more environmentally sustainable living communities through our innovative engineering solutions.
We are always on the lookout for young talents who wish to progress their career in becoming leading environmentally conscious Engineers, and this is one of the best ways to begin this journey while you progress your Engineering studies.
Position Description for Entry Level Environmental Engineering Intern:
- Duration: 6 months Industry Placement
- Voluntary unpaid Industry Placement.
- Internship Opportunity for Environmental Engineers
Professional Practical Experience:
You will get to apply your Environmental Engineering skills to this emerging and fast growing ESD Discipline in Australia by observing and gaining first hand experience in delivering some or all of the following services:
- BASIX - Online Certification, recommending water reduction strategies and energy efficiency measures.
- NatHERS - Bers Pro - Assess the thermal performance of projects using software modelling and recommend facade insulation types and R and U values for compliance.
- ABSA Certification - Learn how to generate HERS certificates and certify projects for Compliance
- NABERS - NABERS Rate - We rate commercial projects based on their actual energy consumption and recommend improvements to improve the Star Ratings of these buildings.
- Section J Reports - We write compliance reports for buildings which detail the Electrical, and * External Building Fabric requirements, and recommend how the building can be upgraded to be compliant according to the NCC code.
- JV3 - Design Builder Software - We software model the building, including Mechanical HVAC systems to model the effectiveness of the building and how it meets the Deemed to Satisfy provisions of the building code.
- Energy Audits - We attend site to conduct an energy audit on usually commercial buildings. We analyse how to efficiently save on electricity bills through building services upgrades.
New and Emerging Services:
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Green Star
- Well Ratings
- ISCA (Infrastructure Sustainability of Australia)